Monday, September 27, 2010

Inhale...Exhale

Second week of teacher training has gone by and I have been learning an abundance of information about yoga....and myself. It's really a beautiful thing to be with a group of people that are so open with everything in their lives. It's helping myself, and everyone I believe to grow our trees :) Recently I feel like I've been experiencing somewhat of a quarter life crisis, since it is nearing that time coming this November 5th. Twenty-five. Whew. I've been stressed-which is a word uncommonly used in my vocabulary, exhausted, and I feel that my judgement has been clouded. So, I take this as life telling me that some changes need to be made, even though there is a lot of transition going on in my life, there are personal endeavors that need to erupt. Clearing my mind and making room for the new memories, the present moment, detaching myself from past people, situations that I know in my heart no matter what they have done, I need to have love in my mind and in my heart for. Love for all beings. Because love takes positive energy, an energy that doesn't drain the body of essential life. Anger, resentment, and regrets suck so much out without replenishing vital nutrients, and the only person I am hurting is myself. This also brings me to another elmination-sugar. Sugar is a friend of mine and it doesn't allow me to just have one zing, it makes sure and creates itself into all kinds of different personas so that I latch on to it like a needy companion. One day I might have a nice, simple, balanced relationship with this 'friend' but for now, during these next 9 weeks of teacher training, I have decided to say goodbye so that my mind can be clear of clouds and filled with light. Fruits are still going to be included, but refined sugar found in those delectable dark chocolate coated everything sold at Trader Joe's-adios. A new place to call home has also presented itself at a classical moment. I am moving in with a fellow yogi at the end of this week in a precious place nestled in one of the oldest neighborhoods in San Diego. There is a pecan tree in the backyard and the leaves on the ground remind me of back home in the Midwest. There's actually trees which is a nice amenity in San Diego seeing as the greenery here is sparse AND a glorious old antique stove. There's just something about vintage anything that brings me joy-it's a trip to the honored past. I am delighted for this new venture, with a new spirit. There are some other life alterations to be made within the near future, so I'm wishing and putting out in the universe that these happen, at the right time of course :) We were asked in lecture, 'What is Yoga?' Yoga is the place where I go to seek and find balance, to see into myself, to ground myself to the earth through all four corners of my feet, to go deep into my core and find that internal heat that radiates throughout every inch of my body, to OPEN MY HEART and shine it brightly to the universe...Yoga is my happy place. A plethora of information is being discussed and demonstrated in class and I am trying to absorb what I can. It still hasn't resonated that I am doing all of this to become a teacher. My instructor keeps telling us, 'There is a teacher inside of all of you'. This is the truth. Teacher inside of me, come out, come out wherever you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment